Oak Grove Midwifery, LLC is hosting a series of virtual Home Oriented Maternity Experience (H.O.M.E.) classes. Please join us for a lively and enlightening conversation about the advantages of HOME BIRTH on April 3rd, 2020.
Parents who’ve given birth as well as expectant parents, midwives, doulas, doctors and all interested persons are welcome.
Home, hospital and birth center clients are all welcome.
We will meet weekly via Zoom with a new and relevant topic. We will have a guided discussion about the topic for about 20 minutes followed by Q & A and sharing of birth stories.
The sessions will be recorded for future airing and participants will be asked to sign a release, allowing OGM to share your questions, stories and recorded imagery for the purpose of outreach and education on the topics of pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum recovery, breastfeeding and newborn care.
The meetings are free, but tickets are required so we can send the link to you for joining the zoom meeting.
We will soon have an introductory class available for preview any time and will post it here on the blog as well as social media.
The topics for the ZOOM classes are as follows:
- Week 1: Advantages of Home Birth
- Week 2: Parental Responsibilities in Home Birth
- Week 3: Supplies, Equipment and Set up for Home Birth
- Week 4: Routine Procedures
- Week 5: Normal Birth
- Week 6: Psychological Aspects of Birth
- Week 7: Variations of Normal Birth
- Week 8: Complications of Birth
- Week 9: Newborn Appearance and Care
- Week 10: Newborn Procedures
- Week 11: Postpartum Recovery
- Week 12: Breastfeeding
- Week 13: Nutrition in Pregnancy and Lactation